– Asia has never been more important for the Norwegian economy, says Innovation Norway’s Asia leader. At tuesday Prime Minister Erna Solberg opens a major conference for Norwegian industry in Singapore.
Svend Haakon Kristensen worked for Norwegian industry in countries like China, Japan and Korea for 15 years before he moved back to Norway and became regional manager for Innovation Norway’s activities in Asia.
– Much of the growth in the world takes place in Asia, and it is also here it is expected more growth in the future. It affects Norway, regardless of whether we join or not, says Kristensen news agency NTB.
Erna Solberg will open the conference Norway-Asia Business Summit (NABS) in Singapore on Tuesday where a wide range of representatives of Norwegian business will exchange ideas and experiences with conducting business in Asia.
– I look forward to meeting representatives of the Norwegian and Asian business in Asia. Input here is important in the government’s work with economic sustainable development, restructuring, increased trade and cooperation with other knowledge economies, says Solberg.
– This conference has never been more topical. Asia has never been more important for Norway and the Norwegian economy than now, says Kristensen.
Rearrange there too
Low oil prices and rising unemployment does not mean that the realignment of the Norwegian economy must be limited to Norway, says Kristensen.
– A general advice to Norwegian companies to collaborate and create Norwegian national team. One may have competitors at home, but there has been much more left to take lift together. In a relational economy must communicate much just to be allowed to get in the door and get an opportunity to share who you are, says regional director.
Source: NTB scanpix / Norway Today