The Crown prince couple say they understand the strong reactions when they have chosen to take the children Sverre Magnus and Ingrid Alexandra out of the public schools.
- It has been a difficult choice, but we've made this decision together. I understand the reactions that have come, says Crown Prince Haakon to the newspaper VG.
Tuesday, it was announced that Princess Ingrid Alexandra (10) and Prince Sverre Magnus (8) switches school from Jansløkka in Asker respectively to Oslo International School (OIS) in Bekkestua in Bærum and Montessori School. OIS is one of the most expensive private schools in the country, and after one year, the Crown Prince and Princess will have paid over 200,000 to the school.
Both Unio leader Anders Folkestad and Labour's Martin Kolberg has been very critical when the Crown children were taken out of the public school to start private schools. Many believe this violates the royal house traditions among the people.
Communications Manager Marianne Hagen at the Royal Castle said to the news agency NTB Tuesday that the change of school for Princess Ingrid Alexandra means that she will get a basic competence in thinking and speaking in English.
Crown Prince Håkon Magnus stressed that they have not made this decision because they are dissatisfied with Jansløkka.
- We have been very pleased with the school the kids have attended to so far.
Source: NTB scanpix / Norway Today