The radio Pinell Go has caused over 30 fires in Norwegian homes. A year ago they were recalled, but the supplier still lacks 10 000 of the sold radios.
– It is the battery, which because of a manufacturing defect may catch fire. This was discovered last year. Since then we have been working to notify all of the 50,000 customers who bought the radio, says managing director Ole Morten Skymos of TT Micro to NRK news.
Skymos explained that they have contacted the customers who signed up with their name and address at the store when they bought the radio, but that it is difficult to obtain all the other customers whereabouts.
50,000 sold units have caused 30 fires, but no major fires, according to the company.
Customers with such radios are encouraged to contact the company to get a free new battery and upgraded software.
Source: NTB scanpix / Norway Today