69-year-old man arrested after several fires are started in Oslo

Police, Five teenage boys chargedPolice. Photo: Norway Today Media

On Friday night, a 69 year old man was arrested on suspicion of three counts of arson in Oslo.

The three fires were extinguished relatively quickly and didn’t result in injury. The fire department quickly concluded that the fires had been started deliberately, and the police went out on Twitter to call for witnesses.

‘We were tipped off by a person who had read about the fires on Twitter. This intelligence led us to a 69-year-old who had soot on his hands. He is suspected of being behind all the fires’, said operations manager, Rune Ullsand to the news agency NTB.

The man has been taken in for questioning. Additionally, evidence has been gathered on the spot.Emergency services received the first message about a fire in a block on Sexes gate in Tøyen before01.00, wrote Dagbladet.

Ten minutes later, there was a message about a fire in Tøyengata, under one block away from the first fire. While the first fire was being extinguished, news came about yet another fire, this time in a dustbin on Hagegata.

‘We take this to be a very serious matter. The fires were started in several blocks near to where a great deal of people live’, said Rune Ullsand.

 

Source: NTB scanpix / Norway Today

Be the first to comment on "69-year-old man arrested after several fires are started in Oslo"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*