Oslo Pride parade had the highest number of visitors on Saturday. Christian Democratic Party (KRF) leader Knut Arild Hareide was participating in the Parade.
– We are all concerned when a minority experiencing hates crime, violence and intimidation, said by him.
104 parade performances attended in Oslo Pride parade. Never before have had so many showed their support like this!
Knut Arild Hareide is the first Democratic Party leader ever to participate in the Pride parade.
– I think it’s great to be here and I’ve gotten a warm reception which I appreciate that very much, he said.
Influenced by Orlando!
Hareide admits it was the event in Orlando, where 49 people were killed and over 50 others wounded in an attack on the gay club Pulse on June 12th, influence him to participate.
– I was in Orlando with my family for my paternity leave during April-May and a few weeks after we got home then people were killed just because they are lesbians and gays. I did not think it was necessary in 2016, but it is, to stand for the equal dignity and rise against gays and lesbians to experience hate crimes and discrimination, said Hareide.
KrF leader joined the parade with his wife Lisa and the Muslim, lesbian’s society debater Amal Aden. Aden received death threats before the parade but nevertheless chose to go after having consulted with the police.
– Also I’d go with Knut Arild while she was smiling.
Hareide, who was jeered by many of their own to participate in the parade, commenting quickly that what he shall pay to be in the parade is so small compared to what Aden and others experience.
– We are all concerned when one minority experiences any type of hate crime, violence and intimidation, said by Hareide.
Source: NTB scanpix / Norway Today