The office for emergency passports at the airport was closed Friday afternoon due to staffing problems. Passengers who asked for help, were asked to call the prime minister.
The office was closed already by 15 o’clock Friday afternoon, said a passenger said.
– No information was given. We were just asked to wait, says the passenger, who did not wish to be named.
– When we asked the police about what we should do, we were told to call Erna (Solberg), said the passenger.
A dozen people waited for hours in vain for passports. Several of the passengers lost their planes.
Security Director Kjetil Folkvord at Gardermoen police station informed NTB that the police have been forced to put all staffing into passport control because of illness.
– It has not been possible to bring in extra crews. But we hope to have opened the emergency passport office as soon as possible, he said.
– Passengers in the passport queue says that they have been asked to call the prime minister?
– I will not comment, says Folkvord.
Emergency passports are issued if one for some reason does not have their passport in order before going on a trip.
Source: NTB scanpix / Norway Today