One arrested for fire in reception centers

Police car.Police. Photo Norway Today Media

A fire in a reception center at Hitra in Sør-Trøndelag Friday night was quickly extinguished. One person has been arrested for having caused the fire.

Trøndelag Police reported the arrest at 12:48am.

– One male resident has been arrested for suspicion of having caused the fire. There is a high probability that the fire is arson, said operations manager Ann Kristin Øye to newspaper  VG.

Central Norway 110 (emergency services for fire) was notified of the fire at the reception center at Fillan late Friday, and when emergency services arrived,  flames were coming out the window of a room, said duty manager Stig Lunde to Adresseavisen.

The sprinkler system at the reception, as well as efforts by those who managed the center, assured that the fire was quickly extinguished.

All residents came out of the building. A total of 96 people were evacuated. Four of them were treated by health professionals on site, after breathing problems, said Trøndelag Police District. Beyond this, there were no reports of injuries.

20 people  spent the night at the hotel, while the other could move back in after the fire was extinguished.

Source: NTB scanpix / Norway Today

Be the first to comment on "One arrested for fire in reception centers"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*