POLL: 78% Sour on Brexit

brexitBritain's Prime Minister Theresa May.Photo(AP Photo/Kerstin Joensson)

Britain is poised to depart the European Union in March 2019, and U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May is attempting to negotiate an exit plan that will satisfy her party constituents, her parliament, and ultimately E.U. negotiators in Brussels.

 

A new Brexit poll by the international news organisation Sky News reveals that 78% of British citizens are dissatisfied with their government’s handling of Brexit, and only 1 in 10 believe that the government is doing a good job at Brexit.

PUBLIC POLL

The Sky News poll interviewed a representative, national sample of 1,466 Sky online visitors between July 20th & 23rd; inquiring of the general public opinion of the looming U.K. division from the E.U.

When given a choice between three options: The prime minister’s scheme, a no-deal exit or simply staying within the E.U.; 48% responded by saying they’d rather stay in the E.U., 27% wanted to leave with no exit-deals and 13% sided with prime minister May.

NO TRADE AGREEMENT

The low public opinion of Brexit comes as Minister May unveils plans for a “no deal” Brexit that would see the United Kingdom leave the E.U. without a pending trade agreement.

Half of those polled said they would choose having a new exit-referendum with clearly stated choices: either accept the proposed government trade agreement, advance without any without a trade agreement, or remain within the E.U.

LOUD & CLEAR

The Sky News poll also found that 40% disliked the idea of a having a new exit referendum and 10% remained uncertain.

Prime Minister May has repeatedly ruled out the possibility of conducting another public vote on Brexit; saying that the public voice was heard loud & clear in 2016 when 52% of voters favored the U.K. leaving the E.U., & 48% desiring to stay.

A clear statement was released by the prime minister’s spokesman late Monday night positioning that there’d be “no second referendum under any circumstance”.

 

© NTB scanpix / #Norway Today

Be the first to comment on "POLL: 78% Sour on Brexit"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*