A highly toxic and aggressive spider on a banana disk led to full panic in a supermarket, in the German city Hartpstedt.
The store was evacuated Friday night while firefighters, spider specialists, and a veterinarian arrived to try to find the spider that terrified shoppers, police said Saturday.
The spider of category Phoneutria, also called Brazilian wandering spider, is one of the world’s most poisonous spiders. It was discovered among the bananas in the fruit and vegetable department, in the supermarket.
Experts believe the spider went with the bananas from South America to Germany. The spider was eventually captured and delivered to a wildlife center.
Source: NTB scanpix / Norway Today