The threat level in Norway unchanged after Nice-terror

PST Chief Benedicte Bjørnland.PST Chief Benedicte Bjørnland.Photo: Terje Bendiksby / NTB scanpix

Police Security Service (PST) has assessed that the threat level in Norway and determined it has not changed as a result of the terrorist attack in Nice last week.

PST has concluded that there are no links between the terror in France and communities or individuals in Norway, NRK news reported.

But there is still always a danger of copycat crime, according to security services.

– Unless we consider that is the case or that we consider that we are facing similar risks in Norway, but naturally we can not rule out anything, says PST Chief Benedicte Bjørnland.

PST has previously said that the terrorist threat against Norway from extreme Islamists has declined somewhat, and that other European countries are more vulnerable than us.

Police Directorate stated on Friday that there is no reason to take action in Norway after the Nice attack.

Source: NTB scanpix / Norway Today

Be the first to comment on "The threat level in Norway unchanged after Nice-terror"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*