A representative of the Support Group for July 22nd, has confessed to having transferred money from one of the local teams accounts to himself.
According to information newspaper VG have received, we are talking about approximately 400,000 kroner which was given in support from the Health Directorate.
The board of the local team went to the bank last month to request access to the account, after repeated reminders from the national support group. In the bank account there were only 39 kroner and 17 øre. There were bank statements that showed a number of transfers to one of the representatives.
– We can confirm that we have filed a report on embezzlement. The person who is accused, has admitted guilt to the police, says the head of the finance section in the police district.
The Support Group after July 22nd was awarded 3.7 million kroner from the Directorate of Health in 2012. The money should have gone to those affected by the terrorist attack and was distributed among 17 local teams.
– It is a decision that was taken with a heavy heart after a comprehensive review of the case conditions, our conclusion was that we had no choice but to involve the police. It would not support the group for July 22 to comment in detail on a case that is under investigation, said manager Lisbeth Kristine Røyneland to VG.
Source: NTB scanpix / Norway Today