Charges laid after the shooting incident at Lørenskog

Egon restaurantLørenskog.Egon restaurant.Photo : Vegard Wivestad Grøtt / NTB scanpix

One person has been arrested and charged with attempted murder after the shooting incident at the restaurant Egon in Lørenskog last week.

The accused will be remanded at Lower Romerike District Court Friday afternoon.
No one was injured when the accused started shooting outside the restaurant at the mall Triaden at 9:53pm on Thursday night. Several shots were fired.

After the shooting incident, nine people were arrested. All have been released, but they are still charged with illegal armament in a public place, said lawyer Andreas Christiansen East Police to news agency NTB last weekend.

The reason for the shooting appears to be a conflict between two criminal gangs from Oslo. The nine are Norwegian-Pakistanis in their 20s, who are known by the police from previous incidents.
A witness told newspaper VG that two groups of men began to brawl outside the restaurant.

– One of the men threw a chair, and it ended with a wild fight. Then several shots were fired, said the eyewitness and a man sitting in the beer garden outside the restaurant where the incident occured.

Source: NTB scanpix / Norway Today

Be the first to comment on "Charges laid after the shooting incident at Lørenskog"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*