The Ministry of Culture is doubling the support from NOK 400 to NOK 800 million in the stimulus scheme for the cultural sector, Minister of Culture Abid Raja (V) said.
Artists and others who were recently refused stimulation support from the Cultural Council can also apply again.
“We will not wait with the case processing. I have instructed the Cultural Council to process all the applications that were rejected again, as quickly as possible and continuously,” the Minister of Culture said at the press conference on Friday.
He also pointed out that even those who have been granted money from the support scheme, but believe they have received too little, can apply again.
“You are not disqualified to receive support if you have received support before. You should be able to get support in 2021 even if you received support in 2020,” Raja said.
Difficult for the organizers
“This spring’s infection situation and the economic preconditions developed differently than we had thought,” Raja pointed out.
He added that the Ministry of Culture has listened to and been in dialogue with the cultural sector on a daily basis, adding that it has been a difficult week for a number of cultural actors across the country.
The Ministry of Culture received strong criticism when it became known last week that half of the cultural actors were refused corona support. Many had already held events.
The Minister of Culture has encouraged the cultural sector to plan and carry out events within the infection control rules.
“I will not give explanations, but the pandemic makes most things unpredictable. No one could predict what spring would be like. No one could predict the direction the infection situation would take,” Raja said.
Source: © NTB Scanpix / #Norway Today / #NorwayTodayNews
Do you have a news tip for Norway Today? We want to hear it. Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org