Three men are accused of killing a 43-year-old man and a 29-year-old woman in Møllendalsveien in Bergen in January last year.
A 57-year-old, who confessed to the murder after he was arrested, is charged with the double murder alongside a 33-year-old man and a 23-year-old man, newspaper Bergens Tidende (BT) writes.
The 57-year-old and 33-year-old are still in custody. The 33-year old is a Pole – he has been imprisoned due to the danger that he might escape.
He denies criminal guilt, according to the newspaper.
“He does not admit guilt for complicity in murder. We will see how they intend to prove this in court,” lawyer Erik Ulvesæter told BT.
The 23-year-old also denies criminal guilt.
“I am surprised that charges have been brought against him for complicity in murder. We disagree with this and will immediately begin preparations for the trial,” attorney Jon Anders Hasle said.
A man and a woman were found dead alongside bloody objects at Osavatnet in Bergen on January 13 last year, but the police believe that the two were killed earlier and transported to Osavatnet by car.
“All murders are serious, but the planning and what was done both before and after the crime makes this extra serious,” state attorney Benedicte Hordnes told newspaper Bergensavisen (BA).
A 34-year-old and a 37-year-old man are charged with removing evidence.
The 34-year-old helped with cleaning and washing the room where the murder took place, and he is said to have helped to pack and carry the bodies.
The 37-year-old helped lift the body into a car that the 34-year-old is said to have obtained.
According to BA, the date for the trial has not yet been set, but it will probably not be before the summer holidays.
Source: #Norway Today, #NorwayTodayNews
Do you have a news tip for Norway Today? We want to hear it. Get in touch at email@example.com