Bus crashed into mountain side in Årdal – driver died
The driver died when the bus he drove hit the mountain side on county road 53 in Sogn og Fjordane on Thursday afternoon. There were no passengers in the bus.
The police reported of the accident at 4:17 pm Thursday afternoon. All emergency services moved out to the accident site between Øvre Årdal and Årdalstangen.
– A bus has driven in the mountain wall. Only driver in the bus, no passengers, the police writes on Twitter.
– In connection with the bus accident in Årdal, the police reports that the driver of the bus unfortunately died. The deceased is a 61-years-old man from Sogn, writes the police in a press release Thursday evening.
The police further inform that the driver was declared dead at the accident site. The family of the deceased is notified.
The accident happened at Rausnes about two kilometres from Øvre Årdal. There are supposedly major material damage to the bus. Health Førde sent an air ambulance with a doctor onboard to the site.
Woman transported to hospital in air ambulance after car accident in Telemark
A woman in her late teens is transported to hospital with air ambulance after a car accident at Sauar in Telemark. European route 134 is closed in both directions.
The police reports on Twitter that just before 6 pm that two persons are stuck in a car after crashing into a tree.
The driver, who was brought by ambulance to Skien Hospital, is a man in the twenties. He reportedly has suffered an injury to his back.
– It is too early to say anything about the extent of the injuries. Both persons are conscious, whereof one has been brought out with air ambulance, says Operations Manager in the South East Police District, Fredrik Landsverk Mo, to NTB.
The order of events is unknown, according to the Head of Operations.
Cyclist injured in Bærum – the suspected driver of the car ran away from the site
A cyclist was taken to hospital on Wednesday afternoon with serious injuries after colliding with a car in Bærum. The driver of the car skedaddled after the accident.
The police in Oslo reported the incident on their Twitter account just after 5 pm on Wednesday afternoon. The accident which supposedly occurred after a violation of the right of way, happened at Slependen in Bærum
– It is unclear exactly what role the car has played in this, but there were two persons there and the driver of the car disappeared before we reached the accident site. We are talking with the passenger who stayed in the car, says Operations Manager in the Oslo Police District, Marita Aune to NTB at around 6 pm.
After a while, the driver came back to the car and both persons were brought in for questioning.
– We are uncertain to which of the two who was driving the car, therefore both are apprehended and taken in for questioning. The person that is our prime suspect as being the driver does not possess a valid driver’s license, says Aune.
The detainees are foreign nationals in the late twenties and the beginning of the thirties, respectively. The cyclist is in his early fifties.
© NTB Scanpix / #Norway Today