Erna Solberg was most discussed in the media in the first half of the year
Prime Minister Erna Solberg, Donald Trump and Ole Gunnar Solskjær are the most talked about persons in the Norwegian media during the first six months of the year.
An overview Medier24 has received from the media monitoring company Retriever shows this.
From the turn of the year to June, the Conservative Prime Minister has been featured in around 24,000 different media reports. Right behind is the US President Donald Trump. Then Manchester United’s Norwegian manager Ole Gunnar Solskjær follows.
Minister of Finance, and Progress Party (Frp) leader, Siv Jensen, conquers fourth place on the list, while Labor party leader Jonas Gahr Støre ventures into 5th place.
Politics and sports
On the list of the twenty most talked-about people in the Norwegian press over the past six months, only politicians and sports personalities are included.
The source basis for the analysis includes the majority of Norwegian newspapers on printed paper, magazines and journals, as well as all the country’s online newspapers and the largest and most leading television and radio broadcasters.
The complete top 20
This is how the top 20 looks like:
- Erna Solberg, Prime Minister, Conservatives
- Donald Trump, President, USA
- Ole Gunnar Solskjær, Football Manager, Manchester United
- Siv Jensen, Politician, Progress Party
- Jonas Gahr Støre, Politician, Labour
- Trine Skei Grande, Politician, Liberals
- Jon Georg Dale, Politician, Progress Party
- Johannes Høsflot Klæbo, Athlete, Cross-country
- Kjell Ingolf Ropstad, Politician, Christian Democrats
- Theresa May, Prime Minister, UK
- Bent Høie, Politician, Conservatives
- Eirik Horneland, Football Manager, Rosenborg
- Therese Johaug, Athlete, Cross-country
- Sylvi Listhaug, Politician, Progress Party
- Olaug Bollestad, Politician, Christian Democrats
- Ola Elvestuen, Politician, Liberals
- Trond Giske Politician, Labour
- Emil Iversen, Athlete, Cross-country
- Tor Mikkel Wara, Politician, Progress Party
- Jan Tore Sanner, Politician, Conservatives
© NTB Scanpix / #Norway Today