Four people end up at Oslo ER after store accidentally fills hand sanitizer dispenser with drain cleaner fluid

Coop ObsPhoto: Vidar Ruud / NTB
Advertisements

Hypermarket chain Coop Obs at Alnabru in Oslo accidentally filled its hand sanitizer dispenser with drain cleaner fluid. 

As a result, four people were sent to the emergency room.

“The four people have been through a check-up on Saturday and are going on a new check-up on Monday. 

“We believe that they will not receive permanent damage. But it has been an unpleasant experience for them,” communications manager Harald Kristiansen in Coop told newspaper Aftenposten.

“Highly corrosive”

The reason for the error was that a customer allegedly returned a bottle of Mudin drain opener, which is classified as “highly corrosive”. 

The bottle was mistakenly placed with the hand sanitizer, and a worker at Coop used the Mudin bottle to fill an empty hand sanitizer dispenser in the store.

A customer who stopped by the store on Friday said that their partner had to go straight to the emergency room after suffering burns to their hands.

Coop says that it would cover all the customers’ expenses and give them compensation for the unpleasant experience.

© NTB Scanpix / #Norway Today

Advertisements

Be the first to comment on "Four people end up at Oslo ER after store accidentally fills hand sanitizer dispenser with drain cleaner fluid"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*