Norway’s King Harald sent a message to the relatives and all those affected by the landslide in Gjerdrum.
“The landslide in Gjerdrum has made a deep impression on my family and me.
“My thoughts are with all those who are affected, injured, who have lost their homes, and who now live in fear and uncertainty about the full extent of the disaster,” the king pointed out in a statement.
At the same time, the king thanked all emergency services, neighboring municipalities, and volunteers involved in the demanding work on site.
Up to 1,500 could be evacuated
Up to 1,500 people could be evacuated after the landslide in Gjerdrum, mayor Anders Østensen told Norwegian Broadcasting (NRK).
The larger area is still considered unsafe.
Around 700 people have so far been evacuated after the massive landslide occurred on Wednesday night.
Several houses ended up in the landslide zone, and the police are still looking for 15 people who have not been accounted for.
“SMS alerts have been sent out, and people who live further towards the center of Ask will be evacuated. We expect that 1,500 will be evacuated,” Østensen told the channel.
© NTB Scanpix / #Norway Today