A boy in Bergen has been attacked after he took more Halloween candy than he had been allowed to.
A group of boys aged 13-14 were trick or treating in Fana in Bergen on Sunday when they had an uncomfortable encounter with one of the homeowners in the area, according to the newspaper Bergensavisen.
“They were probably only allowed to take two sweets, but one of them took three. The resident, who allegedly grabbed the boy by the hair and threw him to the ground, did not like that,” operations manager Knut Dahl-Michelsen at the Western Police District told the newspaper.
The boys called the police at 6 PM on Sunday. Police say the boys were shocked and scared when they called.
Trick or treating is a Halloween tradition where children go from house to house and ask for candy. If they do not get candy, they will resort to “tricks,” typically throwing eggs at the house or similar.
“But there is nothing to indicate that the house was exposed to anything,” Dahl-Michelsen said.
Source: © NTB Scanpix / #Norway Today / #NorwayTodayNews
Do you have a news tip for Norway Today? We want to hear it. Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org