As it looks now, there is no reason to believe that there will be delays in the government’s reopening plan, assistant health director Espen Nakstad said during the weekend.
On May 27, the Norwegian government announced step two of the country’s reopening plan. There are about three weeks between each step in the plan. So far, it does not appear that there will be any delays when it comes to the start of step three.
“As it looks now, there is no reason to believe that we will have any delays in the reopening plan,” Nakstad told Norwegian Broadcasting (NRK).
Thus, Nakstad agreed with the assessments that Prime Minister Erna Solberg (H) gave to the newspaper Aftenposten on Friday.
“So far, it is going very well,” Solberg told the newspaper at the time.
Step three is scheduled to start on June 17. Three factors influence the pace of the reopening: the number of infected people, the capacity in the health service, and the number of vaccinated Norwegians.
In the next step, among other things, the national alcohol serving stop at midnight will be lifted, and it will be allowed to have 20 guests in private homes. In addition, up to 1,000 people will be able to gather at indoor events.
Nakstad warned that things can change even if they look promising now.
“There are many things that are uncertain,” he noted.
Source: © NTB Scanpix / #Norway Today / #NorwayTodayNews
Do you have a news tip for Norway Today? We want to hear it. Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org