Norwegian tour operators report experiencing an almost 75 percent reduction in selling travel to Turkey in the wake of repeated terrorist attacks against the country.
– Over the past year, we have registered a decline of 75 percent in travel to Turkey, says Beatriz Rivera, senior communications for charter company Apollo to Stavanger Aftenblad. The travel company sends 60 passengers a week to Turkey during the summer.
– Turkey has been extremely unfortunate, and these terrorist attacks affect tourism.
Cancellation Terms on the site follow the Ministry’s travel advice, which has not yet changed. The company said it is possible to change the destination of the customer is afraid to travel.
– Wednesday, we received some phone calls from people wondering about security, but it will probably calm down over the next few days, says Tonje Løkaas Fossum tour operator for Ving. The company has experienced a decrease in its Turkey-site of 60 percent compared with last year. Startour has reported a decrease of 50 percent.
Source: NTB scanpix / Norway Today