Osterøy NAV office closed after phone threat

NAVPhoto: Morten Holm / Scanpix

A NAV employee was threatened over the phone by a user last week. The Osterøy NAV office is closed this week for a risk assessment.

“In the threat, reference was made to what happened in Bergen,” Osterøy NAV chief Vigleik Kalland told the newspaper Bergensavisen.

The incident happened on Tuesday last week, the day after a man in his 30s killed one woman and injured another in a knife attack in a NAV office in Bergen.

The person who made the threat has been questioned by the police and reported, Bygdanytt writes. The office will remain closed for the week.

“We have to go through our security measures to make it as safe as possible here,” Kalland said.

Source: © NTB Scanpix / #Norway Today / #NorwayTodayNews

Do you have a news tip for Norway Today? We want to hear it. Get in touch at [email protected]

1 Comment on "Osterøy NAV office closed after phone threat"

  1. Berhane Mulugeta | 28. September 2021 at 21:14 | Reply

    I wonder why the Norwegian police are lenient with criminals who threaten Norwegian employees.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*