City Council chief Raymond Johansen announced that the reopening of Oslo would be gradual and controlled.
Oslo will avoid further lockdowns when the measures are eased.
Johansen called it an anniversary when he opened the press conference on Tuesday afternoon by announcing that the plan for the reopening of the capital was ready.
Oslo eases restrictions
Johansen said that Oslo City Council would ease the ban on more than two visitors in private homes.
From now on, it will be possible for up to ten people to gather.
The ban on more than two visitors was introduced on March 17.
Today, step 1 is of the reopening plan in Oslo is being introduced.
The following changes will apply:
- The ban on more than two visitors in private homes is changed to a ban on more than ten people.
- Outdoor events for up to 10 people will be allowed.
- Up to 20 participants in organized sports and leisure activities outdoors for children and young people under 20 years will be allowed.
The following restrictions remain in force:
- Fitness-loving Oslo citizens will have to wait somewhat longer to return to the gyms, which have been closed in the capital since November 10.
- Shopping malls and stores in Oslo have to remain closed.
- Restrictions on alcohol serving, enforced since November, remain in force.
In the last 13 days, Oslo has had less than 200 new corona cases per day.
Source: © NTB Scanpix / #Norway Today / #NorwayTodayNews
Do you have a news tip for Norway Today? We want to hear it. Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org