The man accused of stabbing two women at NAV Årstad last week was arrested in 2015 for threatening two young women with a knife in Bergen.
The incident happened at Fantoft in Bergen on June 8, 2015, but was dropped two years later due to the evidence situation, the newspaper VG writes.
“We have little information about what assessments were made at the time. The accused man must have been to the emergency room, and the health service followed up on him,” prosecutor Gunnar Fløystad wrote in an email to VG when asked about what assessments were made when the case was dropped.
VG has spoken to one of the women who was threatened. She says she was sitting on a park bench with a friend when the man sat down on the same bench.
“He suddenly started waving a knife and said he would hurt us if we did not call the police. I remember he said, ‘you are calling the police now,'” the woman said.
The friend called the police. Shortly afterward, the police arrived at the scene, and the man was arrested.
The man is now charged with killing a woman in her 50s with a knife at NAV Årstad in Bergen on Monday last week. A woman in her 30s was also injured in the knife attack.
Source: © NTB Scanpix / #Norway Today / #NorwayTodayNews
Do you have a news tip for Norway Today? We want to hear it. Get in touch at email@example.com