The police sound the alarm after detecting methanol in two alcohol bottles in an apartment in Oslo where a man was found dead on Sunday.
– Do not drink alcohol of unknown origin and with foreign packaging. Alcohol containing methanol can be fatal. If you believe to have symptoms of methanol poisoning, it is important to seek health care as soon as possible, the police write in a press release.
They have attached pictures of the liquor bottles. It’s liter bottles labeled with Cyrillic letters.
– The police have published photos of the bottles to warn the public. It is emphasized that methanol-containing spirits can also be bottled in other types of bottles, the press release states.
Traces of methanol have been found in the body of the man who died. The death is linked to the fact that another man was admitted to Ullevål hospital with methanol poisoning this weekend. He and the deceased were together on Friday 11 September in an apartment in Oslo.
– “At first, the incidents were investigated separately, but we eventually found out that the two were in the same apartment on Friday night,” said head of the homicide investigation section in the Oslo police district, Anne Alræk Solem, to NTB on Tuesday.
The police want tips on where the bottles can come from and on methanol-containing alcohol in circulation.
© NTB Scanpix / #Norway Today