The transportation agencies propose to build bicycle paths that can withstand speeds of 40 km / h in the nine largest cities in the country.
The development of bicycle expressways, where people may cycle at speeds up to 30-40 km / h, is emphasized as one of the main initiatives in the agencies’ proposed National Transport Plan (NTP), which was presented on Monday morning.
“This is a whole new way to facilitate bike traffic. For the towns and cities, the goal is to get between 10 and 20 percent of the inhabitants to use a bike each day when moving about, “according to the agencies.
These routes are proposed to be developed with bicycle expressways:
* Oslo region: E6 Bryn Lillestrom and Rv163 limit Akershus Økern
* Bergen: E39 Rådal Bergen center
* Trondheim: E6 Tiller and Heimdal Rotvoll
* North Jæren: E39 Stavanger Sandnes
* Lower Glomma: Grålum-Kalnes
* Buskerud City: E134 Gulskogen-Mjøndalen
* Grenland: Rv36 Vabakken-Gråtenmoen
* Kristiansand: E18 Voll Water Oddemarka-Tordenskjolds gate
* Tromso: E8 Solli farm Troms farm-Tomasjord
Source: NTB scanpix / Norway Today