Was the Kongsberg attack a terrorist act? Norwegian police are still not sure

Per Thomas OmholtPhoto: Beate Oma Dahle / NTB
Advertisements

Were the Kongsberg killings a terrorist act? Police say that is still one of the hypotheses. However, the terror hypothesis has not been strengthened so far.

“It (note: the hypothesis) has not been strengthened,” police inspector Per Thomas Omholt said on Thursday while commenting on the issue of potential terrorist intent. 

“But since so many people have been killed, it is natural for us to investigate it even more thoroughly,” he added. 

The interrogations are currently focusing on a possible motive for the killings, according to Omholt.

“We need to talk with him more. We questioned him in some detail about the events last Wednesday. Now, the focus is more on what happened before the incident,” he said.

Five people were killed and three injured in the attack in Kongsberg on Wednesday last week. 37-year-old Espen Andersen Bråthen is charged with the murders. 

Source: © NTB Scanpix / #Norway Today / #NorwayTodayNews

Do you have a news tip for Norway Today? We want to hear it. Get in touch at info@norwaytoday.no

Advertisements

Be the first to comment on "Was the Kongsberg attack a terrorist act? Norwegian police are still not sure"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*