Pepperkakebyen is Bergen’s annual Christmas miracle.
Bergen’s beloved gingerbread town – aka, Pepperkakebyen – has kicked off for the 2021 Christmas season. A crowd favorite, the community-driven Pepperkakebyen has been held in Bergen for 30 years.
There’s plenty of time to enjoy the festival, which is on this year from Saturday, November 13 through Friday, December 31.
Joy to the (gingerbread) world
Take in a selection of photos from the Pepperkakebyen opening week below.
To get into the spirit even more, also check out a few videos from gingerbread towns of Christmas past:
- Weekdays from 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Saturdays from 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Sundays from 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Christmas Eve (December 24) from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Christmas Day (December 25) closed
- Boxing Day (December 26) from 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- New Year’s Eve (December 31) from 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Do you have a news tip for Norway Today? We want to hear it. Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org