On Wednesday, the Norwegian government announced an update to Norway’s corona rules during the afternoon corona press conference.
Here is a list of the most important changes:
1. The quarantine for visitors to Norway can be carried out in a suitable place with its own kitchen and bathroom. There is no longer a requirement for special quarantine hotels for those who do not own a home.
2. A text message will be sent before Christmas about the quarantine to everyone with foreign mobile phones in the country.
3. Text messages will be sent to all Norwegian mobile phones which are abroad at Christmas, and a text message after Christmas will be sent to the same recipients to remind them of the quarantine rules when they return.
4. A separate action plan will be put in place for, among other things, quarantine hotels for between 3,000-4,000 seasonal workers who come to the country during the Lofoten fishing season.
5. A digital system for travel registration will be implemented to improve infection control in the country with, among other things, contact information and quarantine location. It will apply from January 1.
6. Stores will not have extended opening hours before Christmas.
© NTB Scanpix / #Norway Today