After a football night of missed chances at Ullevaal and Netherland’s collapse in Montenegro, Norway still holds its World Cup fate in its own hands.
The Dutch are in the lead with 20 points. They will host Norway (18) in Rotterdam on Tuesday. The same evening, Montenegro (12) will host Turkey (18) for a match. Both matches start at 8:45 PM.
This is how Norway could go straight to the World Cup:
* Norway beats the Netherlands at the same time as Turkey doesn’t get points.
* Norway beats the Netherlands by two goals or more compared to Turkey’s win over Montenegro.
This is how Norway could end up in second place:
* Norway beats the Netherlands by the same margin or one goal more compared to Turkey’s win over Montenegro. In that case, Turkey will be at the top of the group.
* Norway’s game ends in a draw, while Turkey loses to Montenegro.
* Norway loses by at least two goals less compared to Turkey’s defeat. Then the Netherlands will be at the top of the group.
Source: © NTB Scanpix
Do you have a news tip for Norway Today? We want to hear it. Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org