Prime Minister Erna Solberg described Wednesday’s attack in Kongsberg as very dramatic. “The events have shaken us,” she said.
- PHOTO: Deadly attack in Kongsberg: Multiple people dead, injured
- What we know about the deadly bow and arrow attack in Kongsberg (10 PM update)
“The reports that come from Kongsberg tonight are horrible. It is a very dramatic situation that affects the Kongsberg community,” outgoing Prime Minister Erna Solberg (H) said at a press conference at 10:45 PM on Wednesday.
“These events have shaken us,” Solberg added. She emphasized that there is still much we do not know about what has happened.
“I understand that many are afraid, but the police believe that they now have control (of the situation),” she said.
“Our thoughts go to those affected by this and their loved ones,” Solberg said.
Shortly after 11 PM, the police announced that 5 people had been killed in the attack.
Source: © NTB Scanpix / #Norway Today / #NorwayTodayNews
Do you have a news tip for Norway Today? We want to hear it. Get in touch at email@example.com