Børven and RBK confirm Turkish bid

Torgeir BørvenTorgeir Børven.Photo: Trond Reidar Teigen / NTB
Advertisements

Rosenborg has received a bid for striker Torgeir Børven from Turkish Ankaragücü.

Both the player himself and RBK coach Åge Hareide confirmed the interest from the Turkish club.

“I can confirm that,” Børven told the Nidaros newspaper, but adds that he has not thought much about whether he was tempted to switch clubs.

Hareide, who took over as RBK coach on September 1, also confirmed that Ankaragücü was interested in Børven.

Hareide confirms Turkish interest

“This time, the source is correct,” Hareide told newspaper Adresseavisen.

He added that there is a long way to go from this step to an eventual formalization of a deal.

After the transition from Odd to Rosenborg, last year’s top scorer in the Elite Series has largely been relegated to the bench.

Børven said he understood that there is competition when it comes to playing time.

However, he added that “no one goes to a club to be a second choice.”

The 28-year-old came to RBK from Odd in July, but may already be moving on soon.

© NTB Scanpix / #Norway Today

Advertisements

Be the first to comment on "Børven and RBK confirm Turkish bid"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*