Erling Braut Haaland is the name most people are searching for at the Transfermarkt football database. The Norwegian tops the statistics ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.
The German website, which specializes in statistics and transfers, this weekend published an overview of the 20 players most frequently viewed in 2020.
At the very top is the Norwegian, Haaland, who has broken through as a star this season and scored goals regularly for Salzburg and then Borussia Dortmund.
The Norwegian top scorer was sold to Dortmund in January, when the Germans fulfilled the buyout clause, which was reportedly worth 20 million euros.
Haaland is now valued at 72 million euros, equivalent to 796 million kroner, at Transfermarkt. It is, for example, 12 million euros more than Ronaldo’s valuation, but 40 million below Messi.
Also, Trabzonspor striker Alexander Sørloth, who is constantly linked to major European clubs, sneaks into the list of the most visited profiles in Transfermarkt’s online base.
These are the top ten:
1) Erling Braut Haaland, Norway (Borussia Dortmund)
2) Cristiano Ronaldo, Portugal (Juventus)
3) Lionel Messi, Argentina (Barcelona)
4) Kylian Mbappé, France (Paris Saint-Germain)
5) Neymar, Brazil (Paris Saint-Germain)
6) Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Sweden (Milan)
7) Jadon Sancho, England (Borussia Dortmund)
8) Bruno Fernandes, Portugal (Manchester United)
9) Christian Eriksen, Denmark (Inter)
10) Alexander Sørloth, Norway (Trabzonspor (loan from Crystal Palace)).
© NTB Scanpix / #Norway Today