At Saturday’s press conference, Real Madrid coach Zinédine Zidane confirmed that Martin Ødegaard has recovered and ready to play against Real Sociedad on Sunday.
– Ødegaard is ready, Zidane said at the press conference on Saturday.
Thus, Ødegaard may get to play in the season’s first league match for Real Madrid, against his old team Real Sociedad.
– He’s back and in shape. That’s the most important thing. Martin is well prepared, and I will count on all my players this season, “Zizou” continued.
– He has developed a lot, every single year more and more. Last year he had a brilliant season with Real Sociedad. He is a more complete player. Now he is in Madrid and he is a player we will use, said the French coach.
Ødegaard has struggled with a Jumper’s knee for a long time, and recently he was also a little sick.
– He has been unlucky and been a little sick the last couple of days. He has been tested many times and is corona-free, Uncle Thomas Ødegaard told NTB on Monday.
Now he is ready for the duel on Sunday, according to Zidane.
Key players missing
Real coach Zidane must put together a team without several key players for Sunday’s match against Real Sociedad. Marco Asensio, Isco and Eden Hazard are all non-options. While Lucas Vasquez and Eder Militao are uncertain.
– I do not know when Hazard will be ready. He is better, but he must first be 100 percent and not feel any discomfort. We are patient.
The big Spanish club did not play when La Ligas began last weekend. Ødegaard’s employer is one of several clubs that were granted an extra week of summer break.
© NTB Scanpix / #Norway Today