At Maihaugen you will find the good, old Christmas feeling.
Christmas program 2018
- 30 November 16.00: Lighting of Maihaugen’s Christmas tree
- 1 and 2 December 11.00–18.00 (17.00): Maihaugens Christmas market
- 9, 16 and 23 December 12.00–16.00: December Sundays with Christmas spirit and open shops
- 27 and 29 December 15.30: Silent night – a walk through Norwegian Christmas traditions
- 30 December 12.00–14.00: Visit the animals in the barn at Maihaugen
Check out Maihaugen’s daily program to see what exhibitions and historical environments you may visit.
Christmas at Maihaugen is something special. Here you may visit historical houses and experience Christmas like in the old days.
Maihaugen’s Christmas market
Maihaugen’s Christmas market is one of Norway’s nicest Christmas markets and is on the first weekend of advent. Here there are lots of good treats, local foods, craft and other quality products. This year there is more than 100 stalls around in the houses and in the open-air museum.
READ more about Christmas time at Maihaugen