The police received well over 70 tips after announcing new information about the Oslo shooting on Wednesday. They are now working to obtain more video evidence.
The police thanked the public for more than 70 tips after they published new information about the Oslo shooting on Wednesday.
Now they are working on obtaining video evidence, police attorney Børge Enoksen stated during a press conference on Thursday.
Recordings from surveillance cameras in the public space must, in principle, be deleted after seven days, so the police don’t have a lot of time.
“This means that if there is interesting information from video footage from Friday last week, that deadline is approaching fairly quickly,” Enoksen said.
Encourages companies to deliver recordings
He encouraged companies to submit video recordings.
“It is still unclear whether other people have participated (in the shooting). That is the reason why video footage is still very interesting,” Enoksen explained.
Zaniar Matapour (43) has been charged with terrorism after the attack in central Oslo on Saturday night.
“The accusation of terrorism stands. There is nothing that has weakened that suspicion,” Enoksen said.
The police have not arrested or charged anyone else in the case.
Not very cooperative
At the press conference, Enoksen emphasized that the police have a good dialogue with the accused’s lawyer.
Matapour did not want to be questioned on Thursday. His lawyer, John Christian Elden, confirmed the information to the newspaper Dagbladet earlier on Thursday.
The police have not yet given up on the interrogation, according to Norwegian Broadcasting (NRK).
Matapour has also refused to cooperate in preliminary proceedings to determine whether he is criminally sane.
Source: © NTB Scanpix / #Norway Today / #NorwayTodayNews
Do you have a news tip for Norway Today? We want to hear it. Get in touch at email@example.com