18-year-old guilty of filming and sharing intercourse
An 18-year-old man is sentenced to 60 days’ imprisonment by South-Trøndelag District Court for filming and sharing a video of sexual intercourse with a 17-year-old girl.
The teenager shared the video with five other persons via Snapchat. The girl was drunk during the intercourse and learned about the filming after the deed, according to the verdict.
The 18-year-old culprit must pay NOK 20,000 in redress to the girl.
The girl’s face supposedly wasn’t visible in the video. The normal penalty is between 90 and 120 days in prison for similar cases. In the ruling, it is emphasised that the man provided an unreserved confession, which entails a deduction to the penalty.
He is judged to have produced and shared representations of sexual assault on children or representations that sexualize children. This, because she is a minor.
Furthermore, he is judged to have violated another’s peace.
Facts about murder cases involving minors in Norway
Since 2013, the police in Norway have investigated eight murder cases where minors have either acknowledged the deed or been charged. The criminal age in Norway is 15. Persons younger than this cannot be punished as grownups.
- October 10th, 2013: A three-year-old boy is found dead outside a residence in Sagvåg on Stord. The 13-year-old foster brother confesses to have killed him. After investigation, the 13-year-old is treated under the direction of the specialist health service.
- October 28th, 2014: Environment Therapist, Anna Kristin Gillebo Backlund (30), is killed at the private child welfare institution Small Entities in Vollen in Asker. A girl of 15, is sentenced to nine years’ detention, with a minimum of six years, for premeditated murder. It is for the first time a child is sentenced to detention in Norway.
- August 29th, 2015: 14-years-old Alma Gabriela Knutsen is found dead in the Søgne River in Søgne in Vest-Agder. A 14-year-old boy confesses to have killed her. The boy is taken care of by the child welfare service.
- December 5th, 2016: Tone Ilebekk (48) and Jakob Abdullahi Hassan (14) are stabbed in the schoolyard of the primary school Wilds Minne in Kristiansand. A boy, who was 15 at the time, is sentenced to eleven years in prison.
- July 26th, 2017: 17-year-old Marie Skuland and a 23-year-old woman are stabbed at the Sørland Mall in Kristiansand. The 17-year-old dies of the injuries. A girl (15), is sentenced to 12 years’ imprisonment for murder, and attempted murder, by Agder Court of Appeal.
- July 14th, 2018: 18-year-old Håvard Pedersen is stabbed while he is at work at Coop Byggmix in Vadsø. He is declared dead shortly after. A 17-year-old boy, who came to Norway as a minor asylum seeker from Afghanistan in 2015, is sentenced to be transferred to forced mental health care.
- July 30th, 2018: 13-year-old Sunniva Ødegård is found dead at Varhaug in Rogaland. A local 17-year-old boy is charged with the murder. During the court proceedings, after turning 18, he is sentenced to custody for eleven years with a minimum of seven years. The verdict is appealed.
- October 31st, 2018: Laura Iris Haugen (16) is stabbed 20 times with a knife in a residential area on Vinstra. She dies of blood loss after a short time. A boy, a 16-year-old, former school mate, is sentenced to 13 years’ detention with a minimum of eight years by the District Court. The verdict is appealed.
© NTB Scanpix / #Norway Today