Smoked Ruby Summer Solstice Sour Cocktail
With a base of aquavit, considered the national spirit of Norway, the smoked ruby summer solstice sour cocktail has been developed to recreate the magic of Norwegian midsummer in a glass.
With each sip, you’ll be whisked away to the land of the midnight sun. The sweetness of the berries and honey recreate the ripe seasonal fruits that are traditionally eaten during a midsummer celebration.
The smokey herb aromas recreate the large bonfires that are lit and the decorative wildflowers represent the blooms that are traditionally collected.
Everything is finished off with gold leaf to represent the famous midnight sun natural phenomena, where the sun only sets for a few hours – or not at all.
1 and ½ shots of Aquavit
1 shot of Lemon juice
½ shot of Mixed Berry juice (try for instance blueberry, raspberry or cranberry)
½ shot of Ginger Syrup
Drizzle of runny Honey
2 dashes Cardamom Bitters
1 Egg white
Garnish: Gold leaf, herbs and wild flowers
Optional: Smoked Rosemary
- Gather your ingredients and add everything to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice, then shake mixture thoroughly.
- Strain the mixture to remove the ice, then shake again.
- Serve in the glass, then garnish with gold leaf, wild flowers and herbs.
- For an additional smoky-effect, use a Breville smoker to create an intense rosemary smoke.
Credit: Celebrity Cruises