The rescue crews found a third dead person at the landslide area in Gjerdrum. They will now continue the work through large parts of the night.
Operations manager Knut Hammer revealed the information at a press briefing at 6:00 PM on Saturday.
The third dead person was found just after 5:00 PM on Saturday afternoon in the same area as the other two dead people.
No identification of the dead has yet been made.
Seven people still missing
Seven people are still missing after the landslide at Ask in Gjerdrum.
Rescue crews are continuing with search efforts at sites where it is estimated that they are most likely to find survivors.
Halvorsen estimated that they would continue until around 4 o’clock on Sunday night.
Clinging to hope
Mayor Anders Østensen (Labor Party) expressed grief after the confirmation of a third deceased.
“We strongly regret that the tragedy has claimed another life,” he said.
Earlier on Saturday, he said that the municipality is still clinging to the hope of being able to find survivors.
© NTB Scanpix / #Norway Today