The Norwegian government is tightening national corona measures.
On Monday, Prime Minister Erna Solberg presented the government’s new national corona rules.
Here’s the regulation update:
- It is recommended that gatherings in private homes, gardens, and cottages have no more than five guests, in addition to household members. That means that two families with many children can still meet.
- Everyone is advised to reduce the number of people they come into contact with on a weekly basis.
- The number of people who can gather at private gatherings outside homes is reduced from 200 to 50.
- It is not allowed to have more than 50 people at a company party.
- In order for workers from other countries not to be quarantined, they must test negatively to coronavirus every three days.
- Workers from countries that are “red” countries, according to the EU, must now be quarantined for ten days. This applies to Poland, France, and the United Kingdom, among others.
The new measures will last until early December.
As a consequence of higher infection rates in Norway, Solberg fears more corona patients will end up in hospitals – and more deaths.
These concerns are part of the government’s justification for the intensified corona measures that were announced on Monday afternoon.
In private homes, one should not have more than five guests – in addition to the household members.
However, if all the guests are from the same household, there can be more people. That means that two families can meet even if they have many children.
The restriction that you should not have more than five guests does not apply to kindergarten or primary school cohorts.
Children and young people who are in the same cohort in kindergarten or primary school are exempted from the distance requirement for events.
Maximum of 50 people at Christmas parties
No more than 50 participants can attend private gatherings in public places or rented premises as of Wednesday (down from 200 participants).
That also applies to Christmas dinners.
“We are reducing the number of people that can be at a private gathering outside of the home from 200 to 50.
“A maximum of 50 people can attend Christmas dinner parties,” Prime Minister Erna Solberg (H) said when she presented the new measures at a press conference on Monday afternoon.
© NTB Scanpix / #Norway Today