An organizer, of the so-called cave party at St. Hanshaugen in Oslo, believes that the diesel generators were properly locked and that the party was arranged in a safe manner.
“The intention was not to have a lot of people, and also that the unit should be locked in a room. We had already partied from 11 pm until around 3 am, without any problems”, says the anonymous organizer to VG.
The 24-year-old was one of four who were responsible for the event and ended up at Ullevål hospital after being poisoned with carbon monoxide. He had even carried several party participants out of the bunker where the party was held. He says he discovered that the door to the units was open and he found three unconscious people there.
“I took off my T-shirt and kept my mouth shut, and started transporting the people out. I have to do this in shifts because it was so hard to breathe. We could stop the party and get people out”, he says.
A total of 25 people were hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning after the illegal party in a bunker on St. Hanshaugen in Oslo on Sunday night. The condition of several was described, on Sunday, as serious.
The 24-year-old says the units that operated the lighting and sound system were locked in a room with ventilation. Neither the police nor the fire brigade knows of such a room, and the fire brigade believes that there were a number of other problems with the event. The worst thing was the lack of escape routes.
“The point is that we had closed this party in no time, regardless of whether the party had been good”, says on-duty chief of staff, Lars Magne Hovtun, in the Oslo Fire and Rescue Service.
© NTB Scanpix / #Norway Today